Sunday, September 10, 2006

Beautiful Sunday


oregon vineyards originally uploaded from another story from flickr

First, I want to give credit for this photo to another story from Flickr. I have not had time to set up my card reader and so haven't uploaded any picks from the camera. I will try to do that soon.
Yesterday to take my mind off the fact that my husband had to go back to MS to finish trying to sell the house( which is the only drawback to the move )I drove out to the Vineyards just west of Portland. This is actually what it looks like.I find that Oregon surprises me at every turn. As I drove thru the Willhamette Valley yesterday I saw vines loaded with grapes ready for harvest ,apple trees so loaded with fruit that they just drop them by the roadside free for the taking and blackberry vines loaded down with fruit. Today you could begin to feel the whispers of fall in the air and in the golden tips of the leaves.
I drove down to Oregon City today and on the 205 you come around a bend and there is Mt . Hood in all its glory. It always takes me by surprise to see it .It still amazes me and I don't think I will ever take such natural beauty for granted.

Last weekend we went to the coast and I got to see my first whale in real life in Depoe Bay. It was one of the highlights of my life.
We haven't found a house yet but continue to look for one. I start my new job tommorrow.
Maybe my topsy turvy life will settle down soon.
I want to express my sympathy to the Crococdile Hunters family . I truly admired him and his stand on conservation and I would also like to take a moment to remember those who lost family and friends on 9/11 five years ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing well. Isn't Oregon pretty? Glad you are already out exploring. We used to eat the best Queen Anne cherries when we live there, have you come across them yet?

susanlavonne said...

It's sooo great to visit Oregon via your descriptive posts...keep 'em coming!!!

kelly rae said...

oh, this is so fun reading your blog. it's making me terribly homesick, though. but in a good way. isn't oregon amazing. it's the best kept secret in the entire US. and take lots of looks at hood because when the rain arrives, you don't see it so much. but it's so amazing in the summertime!