Thursday, September 06, 2007



Blog Under Construction

On Tuesday night I messed up my old template on the old blogger and so I just went to blogger beta after two days of struggling to fix the old template.

One question I have is can anyone tell me how to do a header the right size for the blog? Please any suggestions?

I have also added another blog called THE MERMAIDS BOOKSHELF I want to use it as a place to discuss books and maybe start an online book group ? Anyone want to do this? I would love to read the same books as someone else and discuss them amongst ourselves.I added the Library Thing widget which is how I messed up the blog in the first place and these are the books I am currently reading.

"Happiness is when what you think, what you do and what you say are in harmony"-Mahatma Ghandi

9 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

I have done two online book discussions in the last few months and loved the format. I would enjoy participating.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a link to The Mermaids Bookshelf?

Shelby said...

sorry about the template.. I'm not vary savvy in that area sorry.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hello Yolanda, thank you for leaving a comment today at my blog. Visit again anytime!

I love the Pacific Northwest too...I have family who moved there years ago from Southern California (to Washington). None of them has regretted it...and we are thinking about it too.

Sorry, I have not advice on the header thing...I've changed my template so many times I can't count them, but still don't know how to make a photo fit into the header properly.

Cergie said...

Every one wo knows me a bit will say : waht I prefer is wild grass !
and when it is swinging with the wind it is still better !

Angela Marie said...

I am scared to death of the template. Denise did mine, and I will not go in there.

Sorry~ I wish I could be more help.

lissa said...

I have also mess up my template a few times but I have since stayed with this particular template. I used to design headers but got so busy with my writing blog and photoblog.

The blog header size really depends on your template but here's my header size :

780 pixels wide and 173 pixels high

or in inches - 10.833 wide by 2.403 high

I think this is a decent size for a header as it is not too small and not too big. If you need advice let me know as I used to design headers for some Blogger users.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

lissa.

lissa said...

Forgot to mention this great site for Blogger templates. I think it will make it easier plus you can learn from the templates.

Blogcrowds

or paste the link into address bar:

http://www.blogcrowds.com/resources/blogger_template.php

Jennifer S. said...

A book group sounds like fun to me... more info please!