Sunday, November 18, 2007

peace


Life contains things that are pleasant and replusive;it's the nature of the game
.As our understanding grows, acceptance can grow too.
An acceptance that is not characterized by an exasperated sigh of resignation,
but an acceptance that embraces the pleasant and the repulsive
as a part of the nature of life.
There is less that can threaten a life empowered by compassionate honesty.
When there is no denial, no indifference,what remains is a peace that includes it all.
Such peace manifests as imperturbable self-composure.
It is real and true, not artificial."
Aaron DilLavou South Coast Hospice Newsletter May 2003

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

That is beautiful and very true!

thailandchani said...

I liked it! Recognizing that both elements of living are equally important....

His Girl Friday said...

very nice; and I love your photos!!...I "belong" in the Pacific Northwest!!! :))

Michele said...

Oh my goodness, Yolanda, I discovered your blog because of a nice comment you left on mine. Your photos are amazing! You are so talented. I am so impressed at the scenery and how you have captured it. Breathtaking!! I would love to link you up on my Rocky Mountain Retreat Blog as I always love to keep an eye on beautiful photography, if that's ok with you. Let me know. You obviously have the eye for it! Thanks!
The Rocky Mountain Retreat