Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn ClubThe Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I started reading this one on a cold, dreary, rainy day here in the Northwest yesterday and finished it this morning. The book by no means was earth shattering but it was good and it was of those books that just make you feel warm inside.I think sometimes we just need books like that.



I loved all the characters especially Jo and Gran and Trevor the dog. I would love to go and visit this yarn shop and sit and take classes with all the women of the village. I wish I had a yarn shop like this close by.



Although I don't knit this book inspires me to try it sometime.Luckily I live in area of the country with lots of sheep and alpacas so yarn is readily available.



I also loved Jo's imperfect children especially Archie.



I hope you will like this book as much as I did.



View all my reviews

6 comments:

Cloudia said...

<°)}}><



Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>

Willow said...

I'll look for it in my library. Thanks for the heads up.

Sue said...

I think I'd like this one. I've read other "knitting" books and I always wish I had more skills. I like light reading...I'm a news junkie and it gets a bit heavy these days. I like my books to be easy on the brain.

karen said...

Hi, it sounds great! Sorry to hear about your knee, in your earlier post..

Billie Greenwood said...

Knitters are some of the best people in the world.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've seen the title around and wondered if I'd enjoy it. I'll add it to my TBR list. Thanks for reviewing it!