Saturday, August 06, 2011

Happy Birthday Lucy

It is the 100 th birthday of Lucille Ball and the 60th anniversary of I love Lucy.It is still my favorite show of all time.
I hope wherever she is that she is smiling down on all of us today along with Vivian Vance.
I remember when I was small watching I Love Lucy reruns in the afternoon after school and I still love watching them when I am sad or sick. She always makes me laugh.
It is so rare that she is so timeless and she made us all laugh without cussing or being derogatory to any group. I love her timeless humor and that of Carol Burnett who also still makes me laugh.
So lets all watch an I love Lucy rerun this weekend and laugh and remember this wonderful woman and show.



Laughter is an instant vacation. ~Milton Berle

10 comments:

Willow said...

Yes, even after all these years, we still love Lucy!

Beth in NC said...

I love that show too!!! Always makes me smile. :o)

Have a great evening!
Beth

http://mydestinysharinghope.com/

Catherine said...

I love Lucy is a classic!
Hope you hare having a lovely summer Yolanda!
xo Catherine

Finding Pam said...

Lucy was an incredible artist.

Good luck on your move.

Evelyn said...

I so agree! I do still love Lucy!

SandyCarlson said...

A worthy tribute to a beautiful lady.

Melanie said...

I've always loved sharing her birthday! :) Lovely tribute.

Cloudia said...

LOL



Aloha from Waikiki;


Comfort Spiral


> < } } ( ° >



><}}(°>

Ellen Marie "Mama" Pike said...

My mom loved watching the I Love Lucy show when I was growing up. Her stress break (back in sixties) was to watch an I Love Lucy episode and eat gram cracker cookies dipped in milk!

Cindy said...

Hi, We have something in common here, I LOVE all of the I Love Lucy shows, I have the whole set and I have watched it all the way through twice now and next to her is Carol Burnett. I love to laugh at their humor, it's usually clean and truly funny.
Hugs, Cindy