Tuesday, August 26, 2014


I havent been in this place in a long time mainly because I didnt feel I had anything to say.I have been in a drought of spirit for if I am truthful for years and years.I have often thought about blogging but my life is essentially dull. I work,come home and repeat. I got very disillusioned with blogging when it seemed that every blog I read or every instagram account I followed it seemed they had the perfect life the perfect house etc.That isn't my reality.
I wanted to restart this blog if for no other reason that I want to encourage maybe one other person who feels like I do that the valley, the desert , the canyon that feels so deep that there is a way out or through.
Life is hard, rough, messy for the majority of us. I have found it is okay to question, doubt and stumble. I have found for most of us it is never easy.
I have been off after having knee surgery for about 2 months and I go back tomorrow. The surgery was a catch 22 I had to have it if I was going to work but having it has put us in a financial bind. I have cried out to god during this time so many times that I can count but still no answers.
I am there with anyone else who is struggling . I want to walk alongside you and encourage you. We all need an encourager.
I want this blog going forward to be about my struggles and triumphs leading a stronger walk of faith.I would love to have lots of readers who doesn't but I really want this to be an online journal of my learning to be still and listen and how I learn to walk again in faith and trust.
I will  be studying along with the She Reads Truth community the book of Hosea and my thoughts on the messages . I have been using the Seven arrows approach along with verse mapping and it helps me.
I am 50 this year and I know that more of my life has been lived than I have left but I want to make the rest of my years count.
I will still share books (its me you know) I  hope you will come along with me the few of you still here as I journey inward to excavate my soul from the cement that seems  to have encased it for about the last 8 years.

4 comments:

joanne said...

it's nice to see you post. so many bloggers stop posting and leave me wondering what happened to them. I agree with you, it is hard to come to blogland everyday and see nothing but images of perfection. well, I'm not perfect and neither is my blog, in fact it's the ugly truth. we have to help each other through this life, hand and hand or we will never get through it. I hope we can help each other find the way.

Willow said...

You are in my feedly roster so when you post, I see it. I'm sorry you are floundering. If there is any consolation in it, please know that doubt is an integral part of belief. Without doubt, we wouldn't believe anything. Be encouraged!
This fall, I will be studying the book of Daniel with Precepts. Second time through it--I know I'll learn so much more.

Nikki said...

Hi Yolanda I haven't lived 50yrs, I'm only 27 but we have something in common. I'm going through the valley too. But God keeps my spirit uplifited. I am a new bride I've only been married 1mon and 2wks, something unexpected happened and we are experiencing very difficult financial hardship. God gave me this scripture today
Psalms 18:6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

This chapter really encouraged me today. I hope you are encouraged.

Jean said...

I just discovered that you posted this. Believe me, I totally understand where you're coming from!! Please keep writing!