Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Today was one of those days for me that was kind of emotional.A year ago today my dad died and although we weren't that close he was still my dad and with his death it left me with only my sister ,husband and nephew in my immeadiate family. It is just hard to explain I guess until you have walked that path.
I watched two wonderful movies this past week one was a foreign film from Italy from several years ago called Bread and Tulips I really loved it.The other was very thought provoking and the cinematography was amazing it was Water. The are wonderful films both.
I am also really loving the new Dove Pro-age Ads. I think they say what needs to be said about aging for women in america. I believe women can be beautiful at any age . Please go to their website and check it out. I applaud Dove for championing and celebrating the beauty in all women and not just models and movie stars.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi Yolanda,

I prayed for you today as I read your post. You're right...you lost a significant relationship, a significant part of your family...I'll continue to think of you and pray for you. Thank you for the Valentine e-card. It was fun to get! I have appreciated your thoughtfulness throughout these months in sending those well-wishes.

I also love the Dove ad campaign. Finally...someone acknowledging real women in every shape and size! It is refreshing!!

Hope your Valentine's day was filled with love and warmth!