Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Peanut's Philosphy of LIfe and Mine Too!
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip. You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just read straight through, and you'll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with. Easier?
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials... the most money... or the most awards. They are simply the ones that care the most. Like Each of You who visit here.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
I loved this when I recieved it from my nephew and thought I would share it here.
I added the comment moderation feature because I had started to get a lot of spam comments about various unsavory subjects.I also added a music player if you want to listen to it just click it to start. I didn't set it to do it automatically because I didn't know whether you liked it or not.
Again my deepest heartfelt thanks to each of you.
I also would like to do this and encourage each of you who feel inclined to do this on your blog.
Pay It Forward Challenge.
Here's a chance to get a surprise from me, on a surprise date, in the next 365 days. (I'm responding to this via The Urban Chic)
Here are the rules:
1.~Leave a comment on my blog that says you want to play. First three folks to comment will get a gift from ME. (If I don't know it already, let me know how I can contact you, an e-mail is fine.)
2.~Do the same thing on your blog!The first three folks who leave a comment and commit to doing this on their blog, too, will get a surprise from YOU at a surprise time in the next 365 days!
This should prove to be fun.....and interesting.This is a great way to make new friends too.....let's see what happens.