Things I learned being from Mississippi and Tennesse for 41 years of my life
1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in Mississippi ..
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in Mississippi ..
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5. 'Onced' and 'Twiced' are words.
6. It is not a shopping cart, it's a buggy.
7. 'Jaw-P?' means, 'Did y'all go to the bathroom?
8. People actually grow and eat okra.
9. 'Fixinto' is one word.
10. There is no such thing as 'lunch.' There is only dinner and then there is supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar.
12. Backwards and forwards means, 'I know everything about you.'
13. The word 'jeet' is actually a phrase meaning, 'Did you eat ?'
14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH EM.
16. You measure distance in minutes.
17. You switch from heat to A/C in the same day.
18. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
19. You know what a 'DAWG' is.
20. You carry jumper cables in your car --- for your OWN car.
21. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, Tabasco and Ketchup.
22. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and high school football.
23. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
24. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a bit warm.'
25. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.
26. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as'goin' Wal-Martin' or 'off to Wally World.'
27. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good stew weather.
28. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
29. We don't need no dang driver's ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive, dag-nabbit.
I recieved this in an email from a friend and thought it was funny. Oddly enough a lot of these things are true.
Here are some things that are inpiring to me right now:
Life as G-Greta is one of my favorites from way back I agree with her perspective on life and she inspires me.
Relyn-I enjoy going here because she feels like and old friend. She is very open and caring.
Loose Lemons-I like this blog because she is funny and has the same quirky since of humor I do.
Anna Maria Horner-She is a wonderful crafter with lots of neat ideas.
Granny Smith-She is an actual granny who blogs.
Salem Daily Photo-If you want to see how beautiful where I live is go here -Please see the aerial view of the Valley where I live.
Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty—they merely move it from their faces into their hearts.
— Martin Buxbaum
The quote reflects my feeling for all of you who visit here.
Have a Wonderful Weekend.