Friday, June 16, 2006


Groovy Kind of Love:
Today is my husband and I's anniversary. We have been married 5 years and they have been the best five years of my life. The poem on the card he gave me today says it all.

Many anniversaries from now,
when we have been together for a very long time,
I wonder what it will be like...
Will we hare extra blankets to keep warm?
Count the stars from our favorite rockers?
or be contented with the memories we've made?
Of course,
I can't predict the future,
but I'll tell you what I do know---
If we use blankets,
I'll still need to hold you close.
If we sit in our rockers,
mine will be right next to yours.
And no matter how old or wise we become,
I'll still want the feel of your gentle hand in mine...
I guess what I'm trying to say is,
I look forward to whatever the future may hold---
as long as my future holds you.

And who said internet romances don't last. Even though we grew up and lived a 100 miles apart I didn't meet him till I posted my profile on Match.com after seeing it on Valentine's Day on Dateline. So on this day along with my husband and our anniversary I am so grateful to all the Friends I have made via the Net. You all each of you who come to this blog,read,and leave a comment I am glad you visited and hope you will come again. So many people say that the internet is not good but I know that it has enriched my life beyond measure for without it I never would have met my husband and all of you.So today I am thankful for the great big World Wide Web and the good things it produces.
I will be out of town till sunday night at my sisters in TN so it may be Monday night after I work that I will be able to post my Sunday Scribblings prompt this week.
I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.
The pic today is of a tree in a state park about 6 miles from where I grew up (see the heart in the moss). I thought it was so cool and a very appropriate photo for today.

2 comments:

paris parfait said...

Happy anniversary! What a lovely card and beautiful sentiments from the man who obviously adores you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend away!

Unknown said...

oh this brought tears to my eyes!

happy anniversary!!

that is an incredibly beautiful poem which i may have to blog sometime.

my husband and i met on the internet too. :)