Monday, July 10, 2006


Simple Things:


I love this picture of the lavender that was taken at Lavander Lake Farms in Independence, Oregon. It smelled heavenly . I hadn't ever seen lavander growing in fields like this before this time .I would love to go to the Lavander festival up in Washington state when we move out west.As we were driving and saw this field I made my husband turn around and go back so I could take a picture.

I haven't participated in the last three Sunday Scribblings.The first two I was out of town and this sunday I just couldn't get into hotels or last Sunday's two peas in a pod.I may still try the music one though.

I have contacted Denise aka Boho Girl about designing a blog banner for me . I have tried and tried in Photoshop Elements 4 and just can't seem to figure it out. Boho's link is in my sidebar under Chronicles of ME. She sent me an email asking me to send her a photo . I came to a realization while thinking about this that I am very uncomfortable with how I look. I try to never be in pictures and don't think I want one of me in my banner. I have always been like that.I think because of things that have happened in my past that I guess I feel people judge me by how I look and will reject me because of it.I know that this isn't a healthy self image and something I need to work on but it is how I feel and is rooted deep in my pchyse.Is anyone else uncomfortable with how they look?I think that it is also one of the reasons I removed the Self Portrait Challenge off my sidebar.

I also never realized how much photos, and the personal stuff of life make your house feel like home. In preparing to sell the house we were told to take all the personal stuff out of the house and store it so now while they are repainting there is nothing in our house that says it is ours. It gives you weird feeling to be in this mode of transition.I miss my things that make my home feel like home ,books,art supplies , fav photos.

One thing that brightens my day is the man who lives across the street from us has planted a field of corn with sunflowers as the edging and they are beginning to bloom. I love sunflowers and hope to get some photos of them.

I hope everyone has a good week.

No comments: